Have a passion for photography, technology, sports, events, or better yet, all four? If so, you’d like it here at Gameface Media.
Our founding team is comprised of industry veterans from the technology, media and financial sectors who have started and created businesses that have returned over $3 billion of wealth to investors. At our core is innovative, state-of-the-art technology.
What is it like to work at Gameface? We offer you an opportunity to have a deep and broad impact on our exciting start-up and work alongside industry veterans who are collaborative, savvy and proven competitors.
Our entire team is dedicated to creating one thing: being the worlds largest media publisher and curation platform of amateur athletic pictures.
Below are a few roles we need to fill. Some have a good old-fashioned job description, others don’t. Either way, we’d like to hear from you if where we are going is a place that moves you, and you believe you can help us get there faster.
Don’t see something for you? Drop us a note and tell us why we need you. We’re always making room for talent; isn’t that the way the Red Sox won it all in 2013?
Title: Director of Marketing
Location: Boston, MA
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for Gameface and will report to the CEO of the company.
• Develop and implement company’s B2C marketing strategy in consultation with executive team
• Define, drive and optimize on-line marketing programs
• Direct the marketing team, including graphic designer(s) (internal or external) and marketing coordinator, overseeing their daily activities
• Oversee the production of marketing materials liaising with designers (internal or external) and printers
• Manage company’s email marketing efforts and customer databases
• Manage company’s public relations efforts
• Oversee all advertising, social media marketing, and events/tradeshows
• Conduct market research, including surveys and focus groups
• Manage marketing budget
• Monitor competitor activity
• Minimum 5 years marketing experience, with a B2C focus
• Experience working for a media company, early-stage preferred
• Extensive experience in on-line marketing tools and techniques. Specifically be familiar with on-line ad buy via social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) and web search engines (e.g. Google AdWords).
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to think strategically, creatively and innovatively
• Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Title: Software Developer
Location: Boston, MA
Join our Engineering team to continue to build out our digital media technology platform that will enable athletes to find, curate and share their athletic photos. This position reports to the CTO.
- Practices lean and Agile development methods and exemplifies core Agile values of transparency, collaboration, embracing change, and iterative development
- Estimates level of effort for specific product requests.
- Develops object-oriented Ruby on Rails, Jacascript, JQuery, CSS and HTML for our internal and external focused app.
- Has experience with full stack application development, working from presentation layer, business application logic and back end/database.
- Collaborate with product leaders, UI designers, and business peers to develop innovative, market-leading and break-out subscriber consumer experiences.
- Provide collaboration and mentoring by leading periodic code and sprint reviews
- Provide broad perspective on technical risk, development alternatives and expected technical debt in sprint planning meetings.
- Routinely work with founders and other 3rd party development partners to ensure ease-of-use, interoperability across desktop and mobile and scalability.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Experience, Skills
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of deep hands on Ruby on Rails experience.
- At least 5-10 years of software application development experience. Also having experience in core MVC best practices as well.
- Knowledge of developing and managing applications on AWS, Heroku and PostgreSQL.
- Strong plus to have experience with AWS/Heroku based applications. Also having experience in additional application platforms such as Backbone, and Ember and Git .
- Proficiency in unit and functional testing framework.
- Valuable to have other LAMP stack application as well (e.g. Python, PHP, MySQL)